Monday, November 12, 2007

Where are we now?

It's been a busy weekend and it's a busy day today as well. This week our focus is on fine motor skills and finding a way for me to do therapy during the day. One option is hiring a babysitter for a couple hours, twice a week, in the afternoon. Has anyone out there had any experience with this? Any thoughts?

No daycare. I've heard too many stories. I'd rather bully my husband into working from home twice a week for the next six months.

Also, has anyone heard anything about equine therapy? I'm considering it as a supplement to our main therapy. I will Google it, but I'd also like personal anecdotes if anyone has them.

A final note: the Autism Treatment Center has come out with a new developmental model... and I love it! It is so much better than the first edition. The first one, though helpful, was a bit difficult to understand at times and not very user-friendly. This one is much better, and seems designed to easily fit in with whatever paperwork you've created for your child's program. Makes creating a curriculum much easier. I'm printing out two copies of the addendum for our girls. In a few months, I'll write about how it's worked out in practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment