Monday, September 15, 2008

Goodbye pooch?

Bad news. We found out my husband is allergic to our dog. And we can't have him outside for reasons that I don't think I should mention. Suffice it to say, we have an indoor dog or none.

Which leaves the option... none. So, we're looking for a home for our dog. If you happen to know of anyone who wants one, please let us know and soon. There's a deadline looming on this. For sure, he's got to be out of the house within the month... that's how long my husband thinks he can take it. Personally, for the sake of my husband's health, I want Buddy gone within a week.

So, any takers?

2 comments:

  1. I know kids who want dogs, but haven't come across parents yet! Have you tried Craig's list? I think that's free for a listing. Good Luck! I'll let you know if I find someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your help, but time ran out. We had to take him to the pound.

    The good news is that, although the clock is ticking, they have him up on their website of adoptable animals. Instead of Buddy, they're calling him Monty (probably because they get a lot of Buddy's). He looks a little scared in the pictures, but not overly so. Hopefully, he'll be adopted soon. So, if anyone you've talked to sounds interested, just direct them to Denton Animal Services.

    But either way, I've been praying about it and I feel that we've done all right. Mr. Cavamil's (;) health is much more important. I also feel that,, after much prayer, whether on this side or the other he'll have a good owner. That helps a lot.

    Here's the link if you want to take a look: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11950402

    They describe him as a lab/shepherd mix. I was wondering if he had some German Shepherd in him. He was starting to look like it.

    And now Mr. Cavamil can finally breathe again. We hadn't known how bad it was until Buddy was gone. So, that helps, too.

    We still miss him, though. He was a great puppy and he taught us a lot.

    ReplyDelete