Saturday, January 10, 2009

TV back on... kind of

Just a quick note to say that the kids have barely watched TV today. We had a movie going this morning but no one was watching it, so we turned it off. We did watch a collection of animated music shorts this afternoon but that has been it for TV watching today. And even during that the kids danced and played to the music... they didn't actually watch TV.

I wonder if they might enjoy listening to some of the old radio shows that are on CD now. They like listening to stories and that's essentially what those old shows are. Something to think about.

We are definitely sticking with this rule next week. :)

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Amy!
    We've given up TV numerous times, and then fall back into it. I would love to do what you are and only have TV on Saturdays. I think all of us would be a little happier.

    I appreciate your observations on this subject. I've done a bit of research on it myself, and if I had my way, I may just throw the TV out!

    In the meantime, we got an entertainment center with doors that allows me to close the TV up...I like it being out of sight, out of mind.

    Best of luck with all your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond.

    I would love an entertainment center like that! Now that it's off most of the time (we don't even watch that much on weekends anymore) it's starting to look like an eyesore. Maybe if I drape a pretty sheet over it?

    No. Our toddler might pull it on himself. Hmmm.

    (Note to self: must save up for entertainment center.)

    ReplyDelete