Sunday, July 19, 2009

Epsom salts and autism

So, while I was at my local health food store, they had a book there called Enzymes for Autism and Other Neurological Disorders. They had a section on epsom salts as part of the detoxification process.

Being cheap, I decided to do the research online. Personally, I'm sold on epsom salt baths for my two eldest. I've been using them on Rachel and they've calmed her down immensely. We use them every other day for two weeks and take the third week off. However, I starting using them as part of the Heavy Mineral Bugleweed formula's instructions, leaving the research for later. This line of products is that good.

Okay, back to actual info. The point is that I found this article (which uses a font suspiciously close to that of the book I saw in the health food store.... hmmmm) that explains a little more about the things I've already been seeing in Rachel as we've used the baths. The same article also has some fantastic information about applying epsom salts as a poultice or an oil. This is still just the beginning of my research, so please use the article as a jumping off point only. Thought I'd share it... that's all. Will post more as I find it.

Also, thought I'd note that Rosemary Waring, the one quoted, conducted a study for the Epsom Salt Council. This is one of those rare cases when the source doesn't really matter to me, but I thought I'd mention it since it may matter to some who read.

No comments:

Post a Comment