Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A few things I forgot to mention

Horse therapy won't happen. First, it's the summer and way too hot. Second, the waiting list is incredibly long (I know, I know, that's weak). Third, we need a reference from a medical doctor and we've been having a hard time finding a medical doctor since most are gung-ho about vaccinations (can you tell we aren't?). A lot of the parents I know (mostly online) either go with DAN! doctors (we don't want to do that protocol) or D.O.'s. I don't mind a D.O. but I really don't want to do chelation and I'm worried a D.O. would press for that. Plus, I'm not sure a D.O. would count (I might call back and ask). I have a possible lead on what sounds like a medical doctor that I haven't followed up on yet (bad cavamil) so maybe that last problem will change. And finally, fourth, and this is a big one, we don't have the ability to get the girls down there for therapy at the times we would need to apply for in order to speed up the process. I'm not even sure we could get the girls down there at all since we currently have outgrown our van. So, for right now, no horse therapy.

Too bad (and I don't mean that in a flippant way), but there are always other options. Anyway, here's an article about the place: Pony Sparks Fighting Spirit of Girl With No Arms. Maybe someday.

On a lighter note, Rachel has really taken off in her drawing. I mean, really taken off. She's dramatically improved in just a few months. No time today, but by Friday I hope to have a couple of pictures scanned in and either posted here or on my Flickr account. Until then, pray I don't get sidetracked or overwhelmed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment