Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Michael Savage and Autism

Too much has been said about this. I mean, come on, this is Michael Savage Savage Nation Have You Read My Book You Red Diapah Dopah Baby You Don'wanna Talk About It You Don't Want Me to Talk About It Okay I'll Talk About It (thanks to my husband who came up with this fantastic string of words based on the few times he listened to Savage's show back in the early aughties... it's really neat how the whole thing morphed and grew and is definitely a story for another time).

I've gotta admit he's a trip to hear. He's the ultimate polemicist, better by far than anyone on the Left or the Right mostly because he doesn't subscribe to either. He's about as offensive as Howard Stern and, in my opinion, makes better points on many issues. So, his recent comments about autism are great publicity. I can't stand them, but they're great publicity... and I'm not going to put them on my blog because I just can't stand seeing the "it's the parents' fault" nonsense more than once or twice.

Do I believe his explanation? Well, it fits with other stuff I've heard him say, but if that were the case, he should have been ranting against the pharmaceuticals, not the parents.

But then, this is Michael Savage we're talking about... and, of course, ratings.

No comments:

Post a Comment