Friday, August 15, 2008

Almost time for school to start

That's right. Summer's just about over. I know it's over when I see the lists of supplies at my local Wal-Mart for each school district.

That's one of the nice things about homeschooling: you don't have to buy all your supplies at once. It's nice (and can really save a chick some money), but next to impossible to gauge how much coloring, cutting, etc. you'll be doing during the year. So, the biggest outlay for our family each school year is resources, like textbooks, readers, and curriculi. I've purchased the basics and now I just have to get the house decluttered enough to move out last year's texts (the ones that won't carry over) so there will be room for this year's.

Part of me groans because I haven't finished my sewing projects yet, and my mostly-completed novel is still waiting for an ending. I think I have time, though. Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. I know, I can't believe it's school time already! I'm looking forward to it! Not that Asher is difficult at all, but there's something about having time for myself when Ayden's asleep that's just great!

    ReplyDelete