Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Freecycle and a new blog?

This is kind of about Rachel and Sarah's journey and kind of not. This ties into the goals I was discussing back in June.

I've been thinking a lot about setting up another blog, one that I'm going to try to use to generate money. Not sure if it will work but hey, it's worth a try, right? I've looked over Crystal Paine's series (there's more than one in that previous link but I'm sure y'all will be able to find it) at Money Saving Mom and I've read a really good article at Frugal Hacks about finding your niche... I think I've figured out mine. Not telling anyone until I'm ready to set it up, though.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think I should set up two with two separate niches (one more money oriented than the other). Not sure though. One may be all I can handle.

Of course, the reason I'm thinking about all this is because I've been looking over our future needs as a family. I don't feel right asking Rob to do any more than he already is. He works very, very hard for this family and if blogging an hour or two three times a week helps him out I'm more than willing to do it... because those of you who know me know how much I hate writing. ;)

Oh, and I also want to spread the word about Freecycle. I've used it this past weekend to get rid of stuff as well as get some stuff and they've really thought through the rules for this idea. I like it. A lot. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment